The Nursery is dedicated to its continuous professional development. Every year we set our targets on what we would like to implement into our practice or what we would like to further improve in
Development plan 17-18
- REAL programme – to set up the REAL programme for 6 of our children and families to help promote and raise early literacy skills (for more information about this please see downloads).
- Well-being and involvement - To input wellbeing and involvement training for the staff team and refresh the ethos of wellbeing and involvement.
- Part 2 pen pal – to plan and deliver the second part of pen pal training. This practice supports our children who speak English as an additional language and supports all children’s language development.
- Forest school – to retrain staff on the forest school approach.
- IPAD- to rethink the nurseries ethos around iPads and reintroduce them with a new outlook. This will be done as a research project with the help of current literature, staff, parent and children’s views.
- Steps 3 – to complete and implement steps 3. This is a quality improvement scheme. The nursery currently has step 2.
- Phonological awareness – To introduce phonological awareness, train staff and imbed it as part of the nurseries every day practice.
- Website – to re-launch website and ensure that it is a working website that is updated regularly.
- Brush bus – to run and implement brush bus (teeth brushing) as every day practice for the two pre-school rooms. Brush Bus is designed to help reduce the number of children having tooth decay at such young ages and needing medical assistance.
- Educational Visitors – to ensure that the nursery has at least one outside visitor to see the children every term such as policeman, doctor, hand hygienist etc.
- Parent feedback – To make sure we are offering the best possible service we are introducing a YES/NO jar. We will ask a new question every month about our service and parents can answer yes or no. From there we can move our service forward.